Sunday, October 5, 2008

Research-ish ramblings

So, I decided to read up a bit more on what's actually known about... things vaguely like what I, and, I assume, other people, have.

There are various conditions associated with acting "vampire-ish", like porphyria and rabies. Hopefully, I don't have those.

Since I'm using Wikipedia to do research (less scary than Google. "Related searches: real vampires how to become a vampire"), this is all kind of sketchy. I'm currently using the term "vampirism" because that's what the pica article says it's called. The condition called vampirism with an actual article is "Clinical Vampirism", which is something else entirely (in the sense that it's a sexual fetish. I'm not enough of a masochist to enjoy the feeling of the hunger pangs I get.). If I find a better term, I'll change what needs to be changed, since I like being right, but...

It just really bothers me that I have to refer to the Hematophagy and Pica articles, because the link within the Pica article redirects to Vampire, which is just... Vampires in general.

The Hematophagy article, by the way, currently (revision as of 23:27, 21 September 2008) states that drinking small amounts of one's own blood isn't taboo "[citation needed]". That's where this started, as I said before, but it ended up in... a slightly different place.

It's a big world... surely somebody else knows the pain of this hunger.

(Also, I slept in till noon, so I'm not exactly doing myself a favor in the eating department.)

No comments: